Ration Card an essential document given by the Central government and the state governments to help the poor. Through this card, the poor’s are get essential food items at a subsidized rate. In this article, we will provide all the important information related to Karnataka Ration Card 2020. Here, in this article, we will share with you all the related and important information such as benefits, the application process, eligibility criteria, documents required, registration process and so on. We will also share with you the procedure, through which you can check the beneficiary list.
Through this very article, the applicant can check their names in the official portal. Even the new applicants can check their name through this website.
The ration card is a useful document, which is given to the poor. It is a very important document for every Indian. Through this card, the citizen can get the essential foods at a subsidized rate. Along with the facility of food, the beneficiaries can get many other benefits through the card. The ration card beneficiaries also able to get some other scheme along with this.
We already said that ration cards are provided in all the states of India. Like the other states, the Karnataka Government also provide Ration Card to their citizens for better benefits. Actually, Ration card is given only to the poor. Actually, there are many types of ration card are there, which are given to the citizens based on their Economic Condition.
Now a day, the Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Departments of Karnataka offer four types of Ration Cards to their citizens based on their economic condition. Those are:
◦ PHH Ration Card
◦ Annapurna Yojana Ration Card
◦ Antodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards
◦ NPHS Ration Card
Some Highlighted points related to AHARA Ration Card Karnataka
Name of the Scheme
Karnataka Ration Card
The poor citizens of the state
Provide food grains at a subsidized rate
Types of Ration cards issued in Karnataka
As we already mentioned, the Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Departments of Karnataka offer four types of Ration Cards to their citizens based on their economic condition. Those types are briefly discussed below:
◦ PHH Ration card:
The full meaning of PHH Ration card is “Priority House Hold Ration Card”. These cards are provided to those, who are belonging to rural areas. All the beneficiaries get Rice at Rs. 3 per kg, Wheat at Rs. 2 per kg and oil at Rs1 per kg through this card on a monthly basis.
◦ Annapurna Yojana Ration Cards:
This type of Ration cards is provided to the old people. The citizens, who are above the age of 65 years, can get this type of Ration card. The beneficiaries get 10 kg of food grains on a monthly basis through this card.
◦ Antodaya Anna Yojana Ration Card
These types of ration cards are given to those citizens, whose monthly family income is less than Rs.15000. The beneficiaries get Rice at Rs. 3 per kg and Wheat at Rs. 2 per kg through this card on a monthly basis.
◦ NPHH Ration Card:
The full meaning of NPHH Ration Card is Non-Priority House Hold Ration card. These type of ration cards are given to the families who are receiving a stable annual income. The beneficiaries do not get any type of food grains from this card.
Eligibility Criteria applying for Karnataka Ration Card
To apply for this scheme, the applicant should look at these eligibility criteria first.
◦ The applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka State.
◦ The persons who haven’t any ration card yet can apply for the ration card.
◦ Newly married couples are eligible to apply.
◦ The annual income should be according to the official portal.
Required Documents for applying for Karnataka Ration Card
To apply for Karnataka Ration Card Portal you must need some documents such as:
◦ Resident Proof
◦ Head of the Family’s age certificate
◦ Identity Proof such as:
◦ Voter ID
◦ Driving License
◦ Recent Passport size Photo
◦ Mobile Number
◦ E-mail Id
◦ Certificate from Ward Councilor
◦ Tenancy Agreement (mandatory)
Ration Card Karnataka Online Application 2020
The applicants who are eligible to apply for Karnataka Ration card can follow the below procedures for online application:
◦ First of all, the applicant should visit the official website.
◦ Now. a webpage will appear on your screen, click on “E-Service” then.
◦ Next, you should place your cursor at “E-Ration Card” option, and a drop-down menu will appear.
◦ Next click on “New Ration Card”.
◦ Next, a new webpage will appear on your screen. You have to choose your Ration card category from that.
◦ You have to select one option from
◦ Priority Household (PHH) for BPL Ration card
◦ Non-priority Household (NPHH) for APL Ration Card.
◦ Next, you should enter your aadhar number and aadhar linked mobile number
◦ Now, an OTP will be coming to your mobile number. Enter the OTP on the webpage.
◦ After that, the registration form will appear on your screen.
◦ Fill the Application Form carefully and click on “Submit”.
◦ After that, the new ration card will be issued within 15 days from the application date.
How to Check ration card Karnataka Application status?
To check the application status of Karnataka ration card you should follow the below mention steps:
◦ First of all, the applicant should visit the Official Website
◦ Next, a new webpage will be appearing on the screen. Click on “E-Service” then.
◦ Next, you should place the cursor on “E-Status” option then a new drop-down menu will appear.
◦ Next, click on “Status of New/defending ration card”
◦ Next, you should select your district.
◦ Then, you will able to see the ration card status.
The helpline number of Karnataka Ration Card
Phone Number: 1967/ 1800-425-9336
Address: Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department and Legal Metrology Department, Vikas Saudha, Bangalore – 560001