Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020 Application Form @dwcd.kar.nic.in, Mathru Poorna Scheme, Mathru Purna Yojana Karnataka:- The government of Karnataka has recently announced and launched a new scheme for the people of the whole state named as Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme. Through the implementation of this scheme the government officials aims to provide one full HCM, with IFA tablets, alongside weight monitoring and counseling for issue such as postpartum depression and early childcare in the entire state.
This scheme has first launched in between the February and March month of 2017 and this scheme has been piloted in total four blocks such as H.D. Kote (Mysore District), Jamkhandi (Bagalkot District), Madhugiri (Tumkur District) and Manvi (Eaichur District), The government has sanctioned this Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme for the year 2020 through the Anganwadi Centres of the state. In most of the rural areas of the state, women are suffering many problems due to the lack of proper malnutrition which directly affects the physical and mental health condition of the upcoming child.
After looking this problem seriously, the Karnataka government comes forward to help those women and launched the Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020 for them. The main aim of this scheme is to provide nutritious meal to the poor women for at least once a day who are pregnant or locating mothers.
In this article, we will discuss about this scheme properly and easily. In this article, we will share with you all the important aspects regarding the Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020
What You will Get in This Article?
About Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020
Recently, the Karnataka government has started a new welfare scheme for the women of the state name as Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme. Throufgh the implementation of this scheme, the government will provide nutricious meal to the poor and pregnant women of Karnataka. This scheme will be implemented in the two phrases where women will get special care and nutritious foods directly from the government.
Due to the lack of proper diet and nutricious food there are chances of several disease in the growth of the child, so the government has decided to provide best food under this scheme. According to the official report, the free food items for the meal will be distributed to the women through the local and nearest Anganwadi Centers.
Another aim of this Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020 is to decrease the infant mortality rate which were mainly happened due to the lack of malnutrition. During the time of 2017-18 state budget, the government has extended this scheme Matru Poorna Scheme to around all 30 districts of the stae and has sanctioned around Rs. 302 crore to implement this scheme properly .
Firstly, this scheme has been launched and announced by the Chief Minister of Karnataka state Siddaranaiah during the special occasion of Independence Day Speech in the year 2016. After that sppech this scheme has been introduced in the whole state to provide free incentives to the women.
Through the implementation of this scheme, the government will provide free meal to the beneficiaries at least once a day. Local Anganwadis will help to provide those various incentives among the poor and pregnant women of the state, which will help then to gain malnutrition from the required food.
Details of Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020
|Name of the Scheme||Mathrupoorna Scheme|
|Launched By||Karnataka Government|
|Beneficiaries||Women of the State|
|Benefit||Nutritious Meal and Food Items|
|Objective||To provide Malnutrition among them|
|Mode of Application||Updating Soon|
Important Points of Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020
- The government has taken this step to provide nutritious food among the people of the state. All the poor women will get the benefit of this scheme respectively. Under this scheme, authorities will provide free meal to the poor and pregnant women of the state and this will also reduce the infant mortality rate continuously.
- This scheme will enhance the quality and acceptability of supplementary nutrition by the Pregnant and Lactating Women of the state.
- It will ensure the early registration of pregnancy & also improve the enrolment of the mothers at the Anganwadi Centes (AWC’s).
- The government will provide 100+ IFA tablets, Calcium tablets, deworming in 2nd trimester under this scheme to the poor women.
- It will decrease the prevalence of Anemia among the pregnant women of the state.
- The scheme also also reduce the incidence of IMR, MMR, and low birth babies due to the lack of malnutrition.
Food Menu Under Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme with the Nutritional Value
|Sl. No.||Item||Nutritive Value|
|Energy (kcal)||Protein (g)||Calcium (mg)|
|2||Dal (Toor Dal)||104.4||7.25||22.50|
Karnataka’s #Mathrupoorna is India’s most extensive nutritious meals programme for pregnant and lactating women. But poverty, migration, social taboos, overworked & underpaid workers are hindering it https://t.co/KiXrntPbuM— IndiaSpend (@IndiaSpend) June 10, 2019
- Applicants who are wanted to applying for this scheme must be the permanent residents of Karnataka state.
- Pregnant and locating poor women from the rural areas of the state are eligible to apply for this scheme. They will get nutritious meal daily for about 25 days in a month.
- Full meal consisting the food such as rice, daal with pure vegetables/ sambar, one egg (boiled) and 200ml link will be provided to the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries even able to take other option if they don’t eat egg.
- Iron Folic Acid Tablets will be provided under this scheme and gestational weight monitoring will be ensured for the pregnant women.
- This scheme has been implemented to all the districts of the state.
- Around 12 lakh pregnant women, locating mother, Anganwadi Assistance and Helpers will get the benefit under this scheme for sure.
- Per meal cost is around Rs. 20/- (estimated).
- The meal under this scheme will be provided to the pregnant women only for 15 months, from the start of the pregnancy to six months after delivery.
Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme Application Form PDF Download
As the scheme is completely new so the government still not provide any specific official portal for download the application form of Mathrupoorna Scheme Karnataka 2020. We will update here all the details after getting the official notification or guideline.
Helpline Number/Contact Number/ Help-desk
- 1st floor, M.S. Building,Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore-01, India
- Toll-Free Number: 080-22355984
- Email ID: directorwcd01[at]gmail[dot]com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme?
The Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme is a state government scheme launched by the state government of Karnataka.
Who will get benefit under this scheme?
The poor women of the entire state will get benefit under this scheme.
What is the main aim of Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020?
The main aim of Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020 is to provide nutrisious food among the pregnant women till after 6 months of delivery from pregnancy.
Why this scheme is important?
This scheme is very important because women will get nutritious meal through this scheme at least once a day.
What is the official website of Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020?
The official website of the Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020 is dwcd.kar.nic.in.
Which state has launched this scheme?
This scheme has launched by the Karnataka state.
If you have any query regarding the Karnataka Mathrupoorna Scheme 2020, then do ask us by commenting on the comment section below.
Abhijit Das is professionally a Teacher; who always attracted towards blogging and launched this blog to provide information regarding the government schemes and scholarships. You can easily connect with him through social media @abhijitvwdas